Monday, July 23, 2012

changing the future

Yesterday I started this blog, then posted it to Facebook as I had no idea how to let it be seen.  If you have seen the commercial on TV with the girl complaining about her parents lack of friends on Facebook, they make me look like a hermit.  No comments were made, so I assumed nothing happened. I did my part, taped the list to the bathroom mirror so I could not miss it. It reminded me of how self-centered most of my desires are--vacation, lottery, pool in the backyard, I could literally go on forever...but looking at my drought ravaged yard, the birds crowding the pan I set under the dripping water hose, articles about how to keep old trees from dying in it, warnings about starting a spark and burning down the state, I realized that the planet is having a bad year, and I'm far from the only creature on it.
When I checked the blog-thing that tells who looked, one from Europe--I'll have the check the map to see what country as geography is not my strong suit, one Alaskan, and one U.S.A.  The internet creates a strange community.  A small but anonymous world which has already hidden many predators, criminals, and scam artists.  I like to think it can also do good, connecting people that can't meet, allowing us to see beyond our own small viewpoints and find a common good.  The future has seemed out of the control of most of us--in the hands of powerful, wealthy men, or extremists that wish to control everyone else.  Today I will try to do something to help and will focus on what I can do to improve the world.
7/25/12--I sat around yesterday, painted on some pictures, watched some TV, thought about all the things i could do if both arms were working this week, piddled.  Mid-afternoon, i watched a straggly looking raccoon walk to the pan under the hose and drink, then slowly wander off. It was midday, and while I have seen some creatures at night, that day visit was odd, so I sat in the window and watched a rabbit and a multitude of birds wander to that old skillet.  I put another pan from the garage out the side door and filled it with water, then threw the apple and orange that were past their prime off the porch.
Today it is supposed to rain, but the headlines are for dangerous thunderstorms.  It seems ironic that the thing we need most is coming with danger hooked to it.  Seems almost political, as if a good thing can't be had without something bad attached---sort of like a birthday.  The sky is gray and the grass is mostly yellow and the skillet is almost empty so I must do my part to save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 begins

 It's a new year, and like the reality of most new years, it looks remarkably like the previous year. The world has rising fascism, risi...